The Church was organized on December 31, 1901. Reverend A. D. Dodge served as our Pastor until October 1909. There were just 24 in the new church. In the spring of 1904, the cornerstone was laid for our present church building. Services were held in the vestry beginning in the Fall of 1904. In June 1907, the auditorium was completed and dedicated free of debt as far as pledges were concerned. On December 27, 1911, the last note was burned. In 1918, the church became incorporated and took the name of "The Getchell Street Free Baptist Church of Waterville." In 1918, we also received our first pipe organ, a gift from Carnegie. By 1920, the Sunday School had outgrown its quarters and a building committee was appointed to study plans for raising the church roof and ways to finance the project. In 1928, the church adopted a new Constitution and again changed our name this time to "The Getchell Street United Baptist Church.
Located in the heart of Waterville, Maine, Getchell Street United Baptist Church has been proclaiming the gospel of Christ for over 100 years. By the grace of God and the faithfulness of the followers through several generations, the teaching of God's Word has continued to be spread throughout the city and the world. Believers from all walks of life are found in the worship service on Sundays.
The service creates an atmosphere of unity with biblical teaching to apply to our daily lives from the inspiring sermons of Pastor Ron Corey. Music is a vital part of the service. A variety of styles of music from contemporary to classical can be enjoyed through the ministry of the choir, soloists and instrumentalists.
Sunday School for all ages @ 9:30 am
Worship Service @ 10:45 am with Interim Pastor George Finnemore